Charles Stanley wrote this and I thought that I would share it with you. No matter what your political beliefs are, as Christians, we should always pray for those in authority.
How to Pray for a President
- Realize that he has been given that position by either God's choice or His permissive will.
- Recognize his personal inadequacy for the task and look to God for the wisdom, knowledge, and courage to succeed.
- Restore dignity, honor, trustworthiness, and righteousness to the presidency.
- Readily forsake his political career and his personal ambitions if doing so would be in the best interest of the country.
- Reverse the destructive trends of atheism and humanism that try to dethrone God, deify man, and lead to an ungodly society.
- Respect and obey the Constitution - the protector of our freedoms.
- Reject all counsel that weakens our defenses against aggressors or endorses agreements that would do so in the future.
- Refuse to promote a way of life in which citizens become increasingly dependent on the government for their needs.
- Remember that he is accountable to Almighty God for his attitudes, motives, behaviors and decisions.
- Resolve to help the nation again become a place for creativity, security, national pride, and individual prosperity, where God is recognized as the Source of all of our blessings.